How EFT Tapping Relieves Trauma of Earthquake Survivor (video)
By Dawson Church, PhD
In this EFT tapping video, Dawson Church, PhD offers a sample of EFT's The Movie Technique with an EFT Workshop participant who suffered through a major earthquake and was still experiencing trauma symptoms from the event. Her movie is called, "The Earthquake."
The tapping statement they begin with is:
"Even though I lived through the earthquake, I deeply and completely accept myself."
If you tap along doing EFT while watching the sessions of other people, your problems improve too! Several research studies have documented this phenomenon, called Borrowing Benefits. This videos shows a woman working on her issue around an earthquake that happened after she went to bed after a party at her home. Her intensity around this event involves the sound of the earthquake--like a train driving through and destroying her home. We invite you to Borrow Benefits with them. Instructions appear at the start of each session; you can skip through them once you're used to the procedure.
View on YouTube
Borrowing Benefits -
One of the most profound discoveries in EFT in the early part of the twenty-first century was the phenomenon called "Borrowing Benefits." It's the discovery that simply watching someone else do EFT on their issues, while tapping along with them, can help you reducing the emotional intensity of your own issues. Borrowing Benefits was first noted by EFT practitioners.
They reported that, rather than feeling exhausted after a day working with clients, they were energized. Their own emotional problems seemed to have melted away, even though they weren't working on the same issues as their clients.
Here are the instructions for Borrowing Benefits:
1. Pick an issue you'd like to work on. Write down a brief name for the issue in 1 to 3 words.
2. Rate your degree of emotional distress on a scale from 0 to 10, with 0 being no intensity and 10 being the maximum intensity. Write down your number.
3. Identify a part of your body in which you feel the sensation associated with that number, and write down the name of that particular body location.
4. Recall an event in your life when you felt that feeling in your body. Pick the event that occurred the earliest in your life, if possible.
5. Start tapping through the EFT points, as soon as the video session starts, and keep tapping till the end. When the person onscreen states their issue, state your issue instead.
6. When the video is done, usually in 5 to 20 minutes, think about the issue, tune into that same part of your body, and rate your degree of emotional distress a second time. Write down your new number.
You'll usually find your number dropping substantially. If it doesn't, then pick another specific incident in your life most identified with that feeling in your body, and repeat the process.